TRINITY SECTOR — An ion storm has wreaked havoc with StarBase 118’s systems and sent a civilian freighter crashing into the starbase’s strategic ops tower.
Disaster struck less than a day after Cmdr. Leo Handley-Page took command of StarBase 118 Ops with his brand new crew of intrepid officers. An ion storm hit the starbase, crippling sensors and transporters throughout Ops. The issue would have been routine, but the ion storm caused a cascade failure in the SS Cerberas, an approaching civilian freighter. The Cerberas lost control, crashing into the strategic ops tower and trapping survivors both on the crippled ship and in the tower.
“I never saw anything like it,” said Talaxian diplomatic aide Shrax. “This ship just kept getting bigger and bigger until ‘boom!’ The whole place exploded in noise and fire. It was terrible.”
Starfleet teams immediately mobilized, with a medical rescue team led by chief medical officer Lt. Cmdr. Velana working to rescue those trapped in the strategic ops tower and an away team led by Lt. Cmdr. Sal Taybrim approaching the Cerberas by shuttlecraft to evacuate the survivors before the Cerberas lost all life support. Meanwhile, the crew remaining at Ops searched for answers on why the Cerberas was so badly affected by the storm.
- Starfleet Academy Betazed Campus opens Occupation Memorial - 239807.02
- Starfleet Mission Updates: Stardate 239806 - 239806.26
- Starfleet Mission Updates: Stardate 239805 - 239805.29
- Starfleet Mission Updates: Stardate 239804 - 239804.30
- Starfleet Mission Updates: Stardate 239803 - 239803.30
- Starfleet Mission Updates: Stardate 239801 - 239802.27
- Starfleet Mission Updates: Stardate 239712 - 239801.30
- Starfleet Mission Updates: Stardate 239711 - 239712.29
- Starfleet Mission Updates: Stardate 239710 - 239711.28
- Starfleet Academy Cadets Strongly Suspect Spirit Haunting Halls - 239711.13