SAN FRANCISCO, EARTH — Starfleet officials released a report today that proposes a reorganization of its network of recruitment centers.
Seeking to reverse the continued decline in applications to the academy, the report recommends closing approximately fifty centers with consistently low recruitment and reassigning their resources and personnel to existing centers where recruitment is steady or rising. In addition, approximately twenty new centers would be opened in areas of so-called “high impact potential,” such as New Sydney, which has applied for Federation membership.
If the recommendations are enacted, several Federation planets, including Zalda, Inferna Prime, and Caldos, would lose their only recruitment office. As the report notes, however, there are already “numerous sparsely populated or remote member planets” without a recruitment office on their soil.
“In the case of Caldos, which on average receives fewer than twenty applicants per year, services could easily be provided by the nearby recruitment center on Deep Space 6,” read the report’s final conclusions.
The Federation Council’s Starfleet Oversight Committee will discuss the report’s recommendations and bring in Starfleet Command and Starfleet Academy officials for hearings later this month.
- Cadet hospitalizations expose stressful nature of Starfleet training simulations - 239806.25
- Species with pheromone-based language rejects Federation membership - 239806.11
- Food poisoning outbreak connected to popular starbase sandwich shop - 239804.26
- Unsealed Cardassian records implicate restaurateur in collaborator controversy - 239804.02
- Bajoran Central Archives wins arbitration to unseal Cardassian records - 239803.12
- Copernicus City Theatre To Stage Betazoid, Cardassian Adaptations - 239801.22
- Professional Tetraball undergoes major expansion for 2394 season - 239403.06
- Borderland colony commemorates second anniversary - 239401.18
- New Sydney declared potential candidate for Federation membership - 239309.05
- Hologram runs for seat on Tycho City Council - 239308.14