PIKTAR SYSTEM — In the wake of the disaster aboard the Prometheus Station, the planet Peppalexa, which vanished from history thousands of years ago, has suddenly appeared in the same system.
“To be honest, I always thought Peppalexa was a myth,” said Dr. Marcus Brody, a professor of archeology at Marshall College on Earth. “Something along the lines of Atlantis or Vorta Vor. But some of my colleagues have long disagreed, and it looks like I owe them several bottles of wine.”
The Ancient Alliance is believed by some Federation archaeologists and historians to have been an alliance of spacefaring species that existed over ten thousand years ago. Their territory included the majority of the Menthar Corridor, and vast regions of the territories belonging to the Breen, Tholians, and Cardassians, as well as several other minor powers.
Based on fragmented historical records, the Peppalexans were once an integral and powerful member of the Alliance before they disappeared from Alliance records at the beginning of the Alliance’s decline. Historians have long assumed that their disappearance was due to several socioeconomic and political factors and that historical narratives that described the species and planet “vanishing without a trace” were merely that of legends and morality tales.
In addition to the taskforce Starfleet has already sent to the Piktar system in response to the Prometheus Station crisis, the USS Garuda has been assigned to investigate the Peppalexan homeworld. Initial reports from away teams indicate that the Peppalexans themselves may have had a hand in transporting their planet through time, either by accident or as a deliberate act by a group of separatists on the planet.
Regardless, temporal fragments remain across the planet. One away team had several members disappear suddenly only to reappear a few minutes later, while another away team led by the Garuda’s first officer Lt. Cmdr. Msafiri Bakari has seemingly vanished after beam down. Just as Captain Cassandra Egan Manno and her crew began to work on finding their missing comrades, several Breen warships arrived in the system, apparently intent on protecting Peppalexa, which to the Breen is known as the “World of Heroes.”
- One year later, Inox remains in chaos - 239303.16
- Narala names Ventu as Federation Secretary of the Exterior - 239302.22
- Trill Festival of Life kicks off with dancing, food, and costumes - 239301.14
- Narala wins 2392 presidential election - 239212.22
- Narala leads post-debate polls as election draws near - 239212.11
- VOTE NOW: FNS Debate Transcript and Poll - 239212.05
- President Bacco announces deal to end Transport Union strike - 239208.15
- Scandal before Presidential State of the Federation address? - 239206.07
- Revolutionaries capture fourth largest Inoxan city - 239205.09
- Time-traveling planet: Ancient homeworld of Peppalexa reappears - 239203.10