NYGEL II — An unknown ship, believed to be operated by pirates, transported away artifacts from Site 02 on Nygel II and damaged irreplaceable remains of ancient Iconian culture.
One scientist discovered humanoid figures in encounter suits picking up tablets and carrying them away by transporters. Phaser fire from the ground and the unidentified ship destroyed most of the remaining artifacts on the site.
“We don’t know who they are or what they intend to do with the artifacts they took,” said Dr. Irina Bokava, chief researcher for the Nygel II Scientific Outpost 1. “All of this is appalling and a tragic act of destruction.”
Investigators are studying sensor imagery of the damage and records of the attack to try and determine who is responsible. It is currently too dangerous to approach the site with the structures now showing signs of being unstable.
- Launch of the USS Juneau - 239612.04
- Starfleet Mission Updates: Stardate 239605 - 239606.24
- Bajoran workers down tools in protest over Tejar case - 239511.27
- Reconstruction within Cardassian Union surges ahead of expected timetable - 239510.08
- Trill Symbiosis Commission to update host selection process - 239411.17
- High-profile trial of Cardassian war criminal begins - 239405.17
- Protests erupt over controversial war criminal case - 239402.05
- The Trouble with the Klingon Empire, Part 2 - 239312.30
- The Klingon Empire: Accepted Ally or Tolerated Blot? - 239312.19
- Federation Council refuses Bajoran appeal to host trial of Cardassian war criminal - 239310.06