President Bacco leads tributes to Ambassador Spock
MOUNT SELEYA, VULCAN – Outgoing Federation President Nan Bacco spoke at a memorial service that took place on Vulcan’s most sacred of peaks to honor the late Ambassador Spock on the fifth anniversary of his passing.
Speaking against the backdrop of the Hall of Ancient Thought, the President of the United Federation of Planets spoke warmly about the iconic diplomat.
“Spock’s contributions to the course of the history of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants go without saying,” said Bacco. “We are left poorer without his sage advice and singular wit.”
Ambassador Spock was killed in 2387 during the Hobus supernova crisis, which led the destruction of Romulus and Remus, and the chaos that currently envelops Romulan space. No representatives from either the Romulan Star Empire or the Romulan Republic were in attendance, with the Star Empire once again claiming that Spock “did not act quickly enough to prevent the destruction of the homeworlds.” The Romulan Republic released a statement saying that while they honor Spock’s contributions to the course of history, they would not be sending a representative to the service due to “security concerns”.
However, the great-great-neice of the late Ambassador was in attendance at the special ceremony. Lualla Grayson-Cregg, a diplomatic attache to Qo’noS, made the trip especially to honor “the man who shaped worlds, touched thousands of lives and whose courage and dedication will remain a beacon of inspiration to countless generations to come.”
Attaché Grayson-Cregg also spoke of Spock’s influence on her own life, saying that “without his guidance I would not be the woman I am today.”
After the memorial service, President Bacco left Vulcan aboard the USS Endeavour and refused to comment whom she is backing as her replacement at next month’s elections to succeed her as President of the United Federation of Planets.
- Klaestron IV to restrict access to latest burn treatment - 239908.05
- Vedek Assembly implicated in massacre of Cardassian religious refugees cover-up - 239809.24
- Cardassian Intelligence shake-up in systematic purge of agency - 239808.13
- Final Starfleet detachment leaves Cardassian soil - 239302.11
- Customs official murdered on remote colony world - 239301.17
- President Bacco leads tributes to Ambassador Spock - 239211.28
- Starfleet officer killed during prison breakout - 239211.23