Space Station Overrun With Yellow Rats, Leading To Failing Life Support
SELARIS SPACE STATION, TRINITY SECTOR — A civilian space station is on the edge of collapse after a program runs amok in the computer core.
Receiving an SOS from the Selaris Space Station, a major shipping waypoint in the Trinity Sector, Starfleet dispatched the USS Lê Thánh Tông to provide assistance.
On reaching the station, the Lê Thánh Tông discovered the station and ships attached to it had been taken over by a virus spawning holographic three-feet tall yellow rats with a jagged tail that spit out holographic plasma.
The computer created large quantities of the creatures, preventing the central core from doing anything and eventually swallowing all system power.
“It looked to be some kids’ program that had turned into a virus, potentially by a mistake,” Lt Wytia Lynatt, the Bolian Chief Engineer of the Lê Thánh Tông, said when approached by the FNS. “We fixed it, and while we were at it, fixed several dodgy systems on the station. Above and beyond, I always say.”
Investigations by station staff are ongoing to determine the origin point of this virus and working on improvements to the computer network to prevent a repeat.
Chief Administrative Officer of the Selaris Space Station put out a statement.
“Thanks to the aid from the Starfleet Core of Engineers, we are ready for commerce, and even better than before. Investigations suggest that this was a simple mistake in coding and not caught, so we are not pursuing criminal charges.”
- Travelogue: The Maiden of the Stars – Dantilas VI - 239907.29
- Travelogue: The Maiden of the Stars – Kavis III - 239906.27
- Travelogue: The Maiden of the Stars – Emperion XVI - 239903.21
- Travelogue: The Maiden of the Stars – Al’kharian Highlands - 239812.31
- Crisis in the 8576 Phoenicis System - 239808.06
- Space Station Overrun With Yellow Rats, Leading To Failing Life Support - 239801.15
- Anger against Starfleet from colonists on Meridian grows after terrorist bio-attack - 239607.19
- Cygnetian Assembly ratifies new constitution, reaffirms Federation membership - 239512.21
- Slipstream freighters provide needed supplies to distant colonies but others left out - 239311.17
- Cygnet considers separation from Federation - 239305.12