There is a legend on Emperion IV, of the “Maiden of the Stars”, an unnamed solider who vanquished their assailants from beyond the stars, and brought to them the power of spaceflight. We know this civilisation today as the Electorate of Emperion, a multi-stellar polity that borders the Federation to the galactic northwest.
With tourism accounting for much of the Emperion economy, a new business has unveiled a unique starcruise. In introducing civilian slipstream travel, it has announced a new package centred on her footsteps, the elevation of the nameless soldier to a deified patron. Of course, I went on the cruise.
Fourth Stop: Dantilas VI
The Dantilas system is now a bustling colony world of the Dalarians, but four hundred years earlier it was an outpost, and one of the first acts of this ship was to raid it for ships and supplies. Also, to shortstop any more supplies sent to aid the invaders on their homeworld.
A beautiful sapphire blue-amethyst world (in fact, the Dantilas system is often called ‘The Nine Brilliant Gems of Space’), the colony today has a memorial museum to the victims of the various invasions by the government of that era. Modern political analysts consider it, however, to be a pure piece of apologetica for the acts.
However, as a member world of the Federation, relations have been normalized such that an Emperian company can travel.
The results were said to be the best possible outcome – two attack ships were added to the fleet, and the attack base was destroyed.
With the small fleet, they sought to continue their campaign to add allies and degrade their enemy’s ability to fight back. However, they learnt of a reinforcing fleet leading to our ultimate stop: Emperion IV, Memorial Station.
- Travelogue: The Maiden of the Stars – Dantilas VI - 239907.29
- Travelogue: The Maiden of the Stars – Kavis III - 239906.27
- Travelogue: The Maiden of the Stars – Emperion XVI - 239903.21
- Travelogue: The Maiden of the Stars – Al’kharian Highlands - 239812.31
- Crisis in the 8576 Phoenicis System - 239808.06
- Space Station Overrun With Yellow Rats, Leading To Failing Life Support - 239801.15
- Anger against Starfleet from colonists on Meridian grows after terrorist bio-attack - 239607.19
- Cygnetian Assembly ratifies new constitution, reaffirms Federation membership - 239512.21
- Slipstream freighters provide needed supplies to distant colonies but others left out - 239311.17
- Cygnet considers separation from Federation - 239305.12