Starfleet relaunches two ships amid protests
MARS — Protesters gathered at the Utopia Planitia shipyards to voice displeasure at the relaunching of two starships, citing unnecessary expansion.
A group calling themselves Citizens Against Expansion gathered at the gates of the Utopia Planitia shipyards on the eve of the launchings to protest the militarization of the Federation and their expansion into areas not aligned with the Federation. A spokesman for the group decried the launches as a power grab.
“These ships are proof that the Federation is not interested in exploration, but expansion,” the spokesman, who wished to remain anonymous, remarked. “Why else would they be assigning warships instead of research vessels? This blatant grab for territory can only incite needless violence.”
Starfleet Public Affairs Officer Commander A.J. Claravolo pushed back against the group’s claims.
“Starfleet and the Federation have always committed themselves to the peaceful exploration of space,” said Claravolo. “Any ships that launch, including these two, will continue that commitment.”
The two ships will launch in a few days to begin their assignments.
- Klingon Whiskey Distillery To Begin Distribution To The Wider Federation - 239708.21
- Major delays for travelers after Red Carrier passenger transport makes emergency landing - 239604.27
- Crew of Earth Starfleet vessel rescued from P-409 Sigma after missing for two centuries - 239601.14
- Starfleet relaunches two ships amid protests - 239601.08
- Starfleet relaunches USS Columbia after major refit - 239510.04